LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     26 December 2011

Cheating by inlaw members

Harassment and interference by inlaw members throughout my married life.            hi all,

I am 65 yrs old man, started a career at an early age. Married to a girl from Bangalore, believed to be maternal uncles daughter. During my employment in the Gulf(Muscat City of the Sultanate of Oman), all my money and materials looted by my inlaws with the pretext of my son’s delivery in Martha’s Hospital in Bangalore.  Prior to going to Gulf, the PF and settlement with a public sector was taken for the Foundation work of the house built in M E S Road, and thereafter my income in Gulf was utilised for further construction of ground and first floor. During the quarrel and argument with my SBI Jalahalli Bank Passbook, the same was thrown and then put into pieces into the fire of the kitchen when fire in the kitchen was not with use of gas but for firewood. My wife always supported her people who were financially weak. Father retired, elder boy Agri. Asstt. on a stipend of Rs.250 p.m.Elder daughter an operator with BEL factory who was already married, while her inlaws were creating dowry problem demanding scooter from parents side which is exclusive to her earnings to husband. The second boy was a nuisance with bad company, who was recommended and job arranged by me in Muscat. The third boy was thrown out from BEL School, sooner my father inlaws retired. Inlaws house situation was in a very shabby state of affairs, as the Father inlaw was in a non-pensionable job.  Took up Merchant Navy job in 1982, and soonafter shifted to Madras with two young boys, thereon also inlaws came to Madras and sought our help, taking away my money and materials. Enticed my wife and influenced to the extent that my wife took my bank cheque and forged my signature and gave a cheque of one Lakh rupees to her younger brother Satish to start a similar business run after VRS by her elder-sister My sons on finishing schooling, taken up employment as Trainee Officers in Merchant Navy, inlaw members continued their looting of my son’s earning as we are most of the time away from home either working out at sea or in the transit period outside for Signing IN or Signing OUT period. Hence, the subsequent looting of money and materials from my son’s earning, similar to   the Dracula’s taste of blood, since coming FREE without efforts of work.

PROPERTY: After the death of my mother and father inlaws, until then the property was enjoyed by my brothers inlaw and elder sister inlaw. They secretly called my wife to sign the papers of the sale of the property, built with my resources while working in the gulf (1977 to 1980).  My mother inlaw is an illiterate, the property purchased by my father inlaw(Employee of BEL)on her name. She has not been paid a rupee, got cheated, saying that my sons are earning and well settled and hence got cheated, besides they said daughters are not entitiled anything from parental property. Copy of the Sale Deed also not provided for having signed the papers. We had to apply ourselves from Registrar’s Office and obtain a copy. Hence, it is obvious that “My wife had her share in her mother's property and her mother is no more. When there was a settlement, her family gave less money and got her signed papers at registrar office, from wife’s version. Is there something could be done about that. . Interestingly to note that the entire payment in white, by cheques collected by her only elder sister and major portion of the land i.e . 52% is retained by the two brothers of the three. What are my wife’s rights? Is there something could be done about that for the injustice meted out in the property settlement.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register