Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi   04 October 2023

Change of surname of woman post marrige?

A female used X Agarwal as her name in the flat in her name. In society records also it's X Agarwal and her husband's name is not in sale agreement as well.

She filed an affidavit in 2014 duly notarized for the purpose of passport and gave an affidavit changing her name from X Agarwal to XY Bansal and holds passport with Bansal as her surname.

Can she submit self certified copy of the affidavit for changing the surname in CHS records as original was kept by passport authority. TIA


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 October 2023

Get an attestation for that from a Notary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register