Upgrad LLM

change of religion and property rights (christian)


I am from Kerala, Christian and 24 years old. My parents  died when I was a baby and I was brought up by my grandparents. Both of them have died recently. I live with two of my uncles  ( father's brothers). Recently I am married to a Hindu  according to the special marriage act. I want to convert to Hindu.

I would like to know the legal validity of the certificate issued by Aryasamaj. ie, is it official if I receive a certificate from aryasamaj ? they claim that it is valid ? how is it valid when it is a private organization ? Is it valid unless I publish change of religion and name in newspapers and gazette ?

My grandfather has executed a registered will for partitioning the property and I have the legal highership also. Will I lose my rights on the property on converting to Hindu ? In that case, I wouldn’t want to change my religion officially. Please advice




can anyone give me an expert advice


thank you



There won't be any problem in you succeding to the property of your father, you will have complete rights over the property, whether you convert or not.....


But once you convert, the issues arise when your anscetral property goes to your children the Hindu successibion act would not apply nor your tradinal practices of division of property....  The Indian Succession Act would apply stricly (with no traditional practice attached to it....)


Anyways, as of now you need not worry about your share of the property and notification regading the conversion is advisable.....




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x