Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

trueindian (manager)     20 July 2012

Change of father name for new passport

Respected Forum Members

My wife has a daughter from her 1st marriage. the divorce was mutual and rights on child were restored to mother.no maintaince is awarded.This happened 7 yrs back.now we have one baby boy from our marriage. I have assumed full responsibility of the step-daughter ( though i prefer calling her my daughter. She is 14yrs old and Shez my life.Her school records contains my name. But her birth certificate does not contain her name thatz carried on in school and has her biological father name.We did not want the child to know that i am her stepfather.She considers me as her own father fully. Now I wanted to take passports for both the kids as a prospect of going abroad. I wanted the passport to have my name and not the biological one.Kindly suggest the process for this. 

eagerly wanting for your expert advice.

thanks in advence.

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 July 2012

1. You cannot change biological father's name from Birth Certificate. It is not at all allowed. Only thing that are allowed are spelling correction.
2. You have to adopt your step daughter via Court procedure and competant adoption Court Decree will be proof enough to use while applying for fresh Passport for her where your name as her father's name will appear. Always insist your appointed lawyer for 4-5 spare certified Copy of the adoption decree for lifetime use either by your step daughter or by her natural mother and or even by you for some Public work as and when need arise in future.
3. You still have to submit her Original Birth Certificate True Copy at the time of applying for new Passport for your step daughter. It is only to verify her age that Passport Office asks for it as one of the documents.
4. Adoption procedure help you can take by appointing an advocate via reference and is very easy procedure, almost 3 - 4 working days flat Court work.
5. For your wife if in her existing passport she is still using her ex Husband's name and it has not been changed / deleted then it has now become mandatory to change ex-Husband name to either her maiden name OR second husband name whichever she prefers. For change of name of husband to maiden name she has to annex divorce Decree Copy as one of the documents along with her Birth Certificate True Copy. For change of husband name a Marriage Certificate issued by any Competent Authority will do where it shows your and hers marriage. Same paper works stands good if your wife even does not have a passport and fresh passport is being made for her also.

trueindian (manager)     21 July 2012

Hello

thank u for the reply.

I am applying for passport for the first time for my daughter and my wife's passport is already having my name on it as passport taken after our marriage.

in this case, is the adoption decree required?

thanks in advance

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     21 July 2012

1. Yes.

Salik Rizvi (executive Operation)     20 March 2013

Hii,

I have received my passport but my father's name is not correct in passport its received more than 1 year ago..

So pls help to know me about this issue.

Thanks

(Guest)

@Salik Rizvi,

Visit the below given link, to find the remedial action, where I replied a similar kind of query.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/6-year-old-kid-passport-name-change-75232.asp

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Faisal Behlim (Partner)     09 December 2014

Sir,

I'm 42 year businessman residing in Mumbai, we have a family business of construction and I'm working with my father. We have an uncle residing in Oman and he's an NRI, my parents were made my passport back in the 80's and they listed my uncle and aunt as my parents in the passport and after that all my documents lists my uncle and aunt as my parents everywhere, even my college degree. My father can't gift anything to me because it will show me as his nephew only. My uncle who is listed as my father in the passport expired in 2007 and my aunt is still alive.

I want to ask, how we can correct this mistake and put things in order? Can we do a DNA test and prove that he's my biological father.

Waiting for everyone's response.

FB

Harshal Pargaonkar (engineer)     16 December 2014

My father's name is Mohanrao in all my educational documents,aadhar,pan card,driving liecence> But on my passport it is Mohan(since my birth certificate was having father's name as Mohan.).I may face problem while applying for student visa.

I want to change my father's name is it possible? Can I cancel my passport and aaply for new one with corrected birth certificate.?

Pls reply 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register