LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar Pandey   01 November 2016

Change in dob in birth certificate

My son was born on 16/10/1997. However, the birth was registered a few years later by submitting an affidavit and due to some confusion the date of birth was entered as 16/10/1996. Birth certificate was not demanded at the time of his school admission and there we entered dob as 16/10/1997. However, birth certificate was demanded when we applied for his passport and we had to give dob as 16/10/1996. Now his passport bears dob as 16/10/1996 while educational certificates bear dob as 16/10/1997 and this has become a problem in getting his study visa.

Is there a way through which I can get his dob corrected on birth certificate and passport? I shall be grateful for your valuable advice.



 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2016

Submit hospital certificate where he was born with a petition in civil courts
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     02 November 2016

With the help of notarized affidait  and his orifginal birth certficate issued by Hospitsl authorities you approach Registrar of Births and Deaths of Municipal Corporation and get his DOB  wrongly entered corrected.He will issue  a ceertificate after publishingi in official gazerttel. Carry the notarzed Affdavit  and tth e copy of gazette notification to the pasort authority and get the DOB changed  to the desired one. Anothrer  way is File a writ petition in Highcourt Joining Registrar of Birth and death as parties with  original date of birrth as  exhibit and get direcrions issued o the registraar to effect   a change in DOB.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

1 Like

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 November 2016

Agreed with expert opinion.

Dnyanada D Mahajan (Self Employed)     06 November 2016

Yes. You have to get it corrected only from the authority who has issued Birth Certificate. Through Gazette you cannot change

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query