challenging arbitration decision (sole appointed arbitrator)

I worked in a Coaching Institute (FIITJEE) and left it before completing my contract period of 3yrs (intimating 4 months before quitting) due to deteriorating health conditions (all medical certificates available). Company asked  Rs 4.5 Lakh  as compensation. I explained them my whole case in writing that due to medical condition I had to break service rule and I informed my Centre Head well before leaving. Moreover, I am unemployed since then, I have no money to compensate you.

Without listening to this they invoked Arbitration Clause and appointed sole arbitrator. I attended the case presented all my documents and medical certificates. As predicted by many, he decided in favour of coaching institute although reducing compensation amount to 3 Lakh.

Now I have to challenge this biased decision. The jurisdiction of case is in Delhi and arbitrator was also in Delhi. Please help in following queries.

Q.1 Where can I challenge this decision of Arbitrator? (High Court or Session Court)

Q.2 Suppose I want to fight case myself as I don’t have money to pay hefty fees of lawyers and I want to get some experience firsthand. Moreover, I have not done something wrong or fraud that I need some high profile lawyer. All I need is to present all document and appeal in front of Hon judge.

Q3. Since the motive of company from very beginning was harassment through their legal mafia/goons, can I file counter case against them in home state (Himachal) so that they also feel the pinch for covert extortion and harassment? I would not lie or present any false documents. Can I seek help from court ? I don’t want to appear fraud .


Repeated query.


Repeated query. Already replied at:






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x