Central Administrative Tribunal order not followed


That the petitioner being aggrieved by the deprivation meted out to him by the respondent authorities in not implementing the Hon’ble CAT,Guwahati’s  order passed on 02-03-2010 . Regarding not granting him the scale of pay being drawn by similarly situated persons working against corresponding posts in other Audit & Accounts Departments of the Government of India

Central Admn. Tribunal has given a judgement on dated 02.03.10,in this regard as follows :-

1. To Direct the respondents authorities to grant to the petitioner   the scaly of pay of  . 4500-7000/-(Pre revised as per 5th CPC) in the entry cadre w.e.f. 01-01-1996.

2. To Direct the respondent authorities to grant to the applicant the scale of  . 5500-9000/- .w.e.f. the date he had completed 3 years of service in the entry grade of the Accounts cadre ( three) months from the date of receipt of such representation preferred by the petitioner.

 Buts till today the respondent department does not follow the order of CAT,

The failure on the part of the respondent authorities to take requisite steps in the matter has resulted in the violation of the directives passed by this Hon’ble Tribunal and such violation is willful and deliberate.

Kindly suggest me what step i should take with appropriate Section,s in this regard and  case ref.


Eye Specialist

Please   file  a  Contempt  Petition  in  the  CAT.



First read carefully the order of CAT as to what directions were issued. 

check whether case was directed to provide exact relief as claimed or 

tribunal has given order for consideration of the relief as per law/rules applicable.


Then Check the time limit set by the tribunal for such action on part of respondent and wait till the expiry of such period from the receipt of the certified order.


if still  there is no response by the respondent then you may file  i.e. M.A. in Main case for execution of its order    or  you may give legal notice to the respondent for action and in case of failure to execute the order ..contemp petition be filed. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x