IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Anand (President)     27 February 2015

Case u/s 167 ipc


                I purchase a agriculture land in Gorakhpur district. I did not pay bribe for Dy. Registrar at the time of registration of said land. After  registration registrar send stamps for inquiry and send a false report to DM, stating that there is a masque adjacent to west side of land and after that  tin shade and after that residential buildings, therefore land is residential in his opinion. He stated that  considering the land residential a stamp  value 235000 should be  paid be buyer.

On the basis of the report of Dy. Registrar a stamp case was started against me. After site visit by Tehsildar and Additional district Magistrate found that report of Dy. Registrar was false, And ADM cancel the notice for additional stamp of Rs 235000 in his decision.

After that I meet police officers to registered a case against Dy. Registrar under sec 167  of IPC. Police officer is asking me to get in writing from his department that report of Dy. Registrar was wrong, for filing a FIR, while decision of ADM and report of Tehsildar is clearly stating that report of Dy. Registrar was false.

Now what is provision for filing A FIR in this case.


 4 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     27 February 2015

File a private complaint before district judge


Ask with S.P. if not registered F.I.R.THEN FILE application u/s 153 of Cr. P.C.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     01 March 2015

First collect the certified copies of false report of Dy.Registrar and the correct inspection reports of Tahasildar and Additional District Magistrar.  Then file a private complaint before the Magistrate. Basing on the order of magistrate, the Police will file FIR.  You can also file a case for civil damages.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2015

You may collect the so called orders by the ADM through RTI Act,secure the evidence and then lodge a complaint against the said official with the police. If the police is still not taking any action on your complaint, you may approach the jurisdictional magistrate court with a private complaint u/s 156(3) of cr.p.c. seeking direction against the police to investigate and register fir on your complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query