LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monalisa Gupta   28 September 2018

car documents

I bought my car in Orissa 6 years back and came to Maharashtra 4 years back. the noc which I brought from Pune expired long back and since then I m not running my vehicle. I want to sell my car but now I realised that I have lost my vehicle documents. could you please guide me how to apply for duplicate documents and from which state.


 4 Replies

Shankar Shetty (Practicing Advocate)     29 September 2018

Go to website of your RTO and apply online.  File police complaint and take NCR no. Rest details on website itself.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     30 September 2018

monalisa Gipta

Firstly you need to apply for a duplicateRegistration certificate of your car only from the regostering authority where you first registered your car.

Secondly please filea police complaint stating you lost your documents and they will issue a clearance certificate that despitesearches made it was not traceble .

Thirdly go to the registering authority with the copy of your C certificate the police clearance certificate and other relevant documents and by paying a requisite fee you will be issued a duplicate Regn Certificate.

Advocate High Courts ofAp &TS
Bhrat Gaurav samman Awardee.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 September 2018

Well advised by the experts and nothing to add further.

Monalisa Gupta   30 September 2018

Thank you very much Sir for your suggestion. So that means I need to go to the state where the car is registered and do as you suggested. could you please tell how much time normally it takes, so that I can apply leave in my office and plan the trip

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query