LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Anand   17 August 2023

Car damaged by the maruti workshop

My car huge damaged by the Maruti Authorized Workshop. They are accepting the mistake and give me apology email. After the long followup on email they are unable to prove me as follows:

1. The detail of damages and incident report

2. CCTV footage

3. Driver qualification and experience with letter

4. What is future warranties and guaranties of my car.

Please advise me what should I do as follows:

1. They forced  me claim your insurance and repair the car which I denied to sign any Insurance claim.

2. They told me they will repair the car without any future potential warranties and guaranties of the car

3. Return back your car value before the damaged

.4. Should I go to consumer court for compensation? Market value of the Car is Rs5.50 Lac. Because advocate is demanding Rs.60,0000 legal fees to fight the case. Whether it is worthable. I have all proof against the workshoop.


Please advise.


 7 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 August 2023

Yes, you can approach the consumer forum. However, advocate fee etc. is beyond the purview of this platform.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 August 2023

Maruti workshop is responsible for repairing your car damaged by them and if they deny it amounts their deficiency in services,  you can approach  Consumer Commission a d claim compensation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 August 2023

If you do not want to agree fo the terms offered by the  authoirised workshop in this regard, you can very well initiate legal action as per necessity, i.e., whether consumer forum or civil court for recovery of damages. 

Atul Anand   18 August 2023

Damage repaired car can lot of maintenance issues in future. Can I claim my market value of car in place of repairs 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 August 2023

Yes you should file for consumer application and you can persue yourself the case there, no need to have any advocate. Make a good complaint and better prior to that send a notice to workshop caliming the value of car, costs and damages 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2023

You can claim anything that makes you comfortable however it is again the decision of the workshop, hence if you are aggrieved by the decision of fhe workshop, you can approach the consumer forum for redressal of your grievances. 

Atul Anand   19 August 2023

Thank to all adviser to help me to take the decision in right way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register