LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ahmed   07 August 2016

Cancellation of vat/tin in tn

I had a proprietorship trading business in Chennai for 5 years, but due to losses I had to shut down my   businesses 2 years back and since than I shifted to Rajasthan and I have been working here,

I had asked my auditor to cancel my TIN registration before living Chennai,  but he said there is no need to worry as it will cancelled by default on not filling of returns in 3 to 4 months time, now its almost 2 years and my tin number is still active as per the website and sms I am receiving on reminders of my return,

now my auditor says to post him the original VAT/TIN certificates and and he will cancel the registration, but I am worried that he will further delay this process or forget it or worse he will misuse my certificates as he had lot of issues with other clients too,

Few months back I have started a new sole proprietorship company in Rajasthan with new VAT/TIN number, My question is

1.  What will happened if I do not cancel my Old Chennai VAT registration,  is it a offence or  is there any risk or legal implications if I just ignore it,

2. What is the process of cancellation procedure in Tamil Nadu ?

can anyone here give me some information on this topic, thanks for your time

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register