Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagnik (Management Trainee)     31 July 2012

Can we change of trade mark agent ?

Dear sir,

We had filed for a TM-24 which we are now withdrawing. The said  TM-24 was filed by us through an agent, but now due to certian on going disputes, we don't want to use the same agent for the withdrawal of the same . Can we use any other agent for the purpose of withdrawing the said TM-24 ????

Regards,

Sagnik Sanyal

Learning

9 Replies

subramanian (consultant)     02 August 2012

You can at anytime withdraw the power of authority given to an agent by writing to the registrar of trademarks and appoint a new trademark agent

T.R.Subramanian

Consultant

1 Like

Lakshmi Narayana (IPR Consultant /Trademark Agent )     03 August 2012

Mr Sagnik,

Yes, you can, first revoke the previous POA (Power of Attorney), and file fresh POA in the form of TM -48.

1 Like

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     07 August 2012

after revoke the power of attorney from previous agent. you can give same matter to any other agent there have no problem.

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     12 August 2012

Dear sagnik

You need to take a NOC from the previous POA holder before you appoint a new Agent or Attorney.

Regards

subramanian (consultant)     12 August 2012

IF you are not satisfied with the services of a particular agent ,you have a right to revoke the POA and appoint  a new  agent without obtaining NOC from the earlier agent.

T.R.Subramanian

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     17 August 2012

Dear Sir,

you can  change the Agent totally or only for the present instance  you can appoint new agent.  Any thing is possible.

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     19 August 2012

Revoking the earlier POA and appointing a new attorney is possible at any time. But you need to take the NOC of the existing / previous agent. As it is a mandatory requirement to get NOC

subramanian (consultant)     19 August 2012

As far as Trademarks registry and Patent office are concerned there is no need to  obtain NOC.However  as far asthe new trademark is concerned he may insist on an NOC before taking up the case as there are some ethics which govern their practice.

T.R.Subramanian

Ex controller general of patents, designs and trademarks

1 Like

M/S. Pradhan Enterprises   19 January 2024

@ T.R.Subramanian Sir,

Need your guidance, actually 4 yrs back an Advocate did the trademark work for us and we got the certiifcate etc... but we didn't notice he sued his mail ID in the application form. Now We tried to register our Brand in Amazon.in they sent a verification code to the registred mail ID but that Advocate intentioanlly may be telling he lost access to that mail ID and Not co-operating with us as we alerady spent lots of resources on printing Our wrappers and merchandise so here I want to know how can I switch my agent? I have no idea of this or if there any way where I cna update my mail ID for our Trademark application?

Sir Please help...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register