LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai Rama   17 July 2020

Can they file a partition suite

I'm a male aged 28, from Hyderabad. My Grandfather (father's father) bought some agricultural land himself in 1950's and died in 1990's without making any will. Immediately after his death, this property was registered automatically on his wife's name (my grandmother). My Grandfather has 1 son and 9 daughters. She has been ill since last 1 year and all my aunts put a lot of pressure on her to distribute the land among them, which my grandmother denied. Finally in 2020 January, she decided to sell off the land to others and distribute the money to all. Instead of selling to others, i myself bought the land from her (it is a sale deed) and she distributed the money to all; she died in March 2020 because of health issue. Now comes the problem; even after taking money, all my aunts united and started abusing us. They are claiming that this registration is not valid and they are planning to file a civil case against me. They did not utter a word when my grand mother was alive and started abusing after her death. They are claiming that since that land was transferred from my grandfather, she was supposed to be only care taker and cannot sell the land without the consent of others. Please guide how to handle this. they are planning to file a civil case.

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     17 July 2020

Hello,

Your grandmother was having right to sold the land. Moreover they have not objected the sale of land by your grandmother and also accepted the money of their proportionate share. So let them file suit you can defend it. 

1 Like

Sai Rama   17 July 2020

Thank you for the quick reply.

Before the land registration, I asked them if any one of them have any objection over the registration to which everyone agreed for my word. I asked this orally and they replied it orally (no written proof was taken at that time and i trusted them). But after my grandmother died, they totally changed their word. They are telling they didnt receive any money and they didnt knew until the registration was itseems. Also the money i gave them was in liquid. Currently, they are strong on the point that "since my grandmother acquired the property without any will from my grandfather, she is only supposed to be a caretaker and doesnt possess any rights to sell without intimating others"  I have no proofs to show that they have received the monetary share nor NOC fromm them. How can I defend the suit. Please guide.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 July 2020

who is resitered owner of the property.

Sai Rama   18 July 2020

i bought the land from my grandmother. Sale deed was done; mutation is also done

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More