LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vignesh27   22 December 2015

Can they file a cibil suit againt a family member of a defau

My father have opened an OD account with SBT and have some pending arrears (INR 32000) from 2007. I was not related to this account in anyway. I never signed any documents either at the time of opening or running the account. But I had an education loan with the same bank and with that particulars, they have filed a CIBIL suit against me and it now appears in my CIR.

When we approached the bank seeking clarification, we were told that "Bank have all rights to sue any of the family members of the defaulter, even if they are not the actual account holders". Is it legal from the bank's end to file a suit against me and make me as a defaulter for any loan taken by my father? Now actually this loan suit i appearing in both my father's and my CIR.

I reiterate that "I have never signed any documents and I'am not related to that account in any way". That was an individual current account opened by my father in the name of his company. I' am not even a partner/stake holder of my father's company in any way.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Actually since you are trapped with them already having accoutn they would try to recover.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register