Can party in person request for exemption oral deposition ?

In the victims case, when the 2 accused people got summons from lower court, they went to hon High Court and brought stay in u/s 482.. The accused people don't have any points and so have given 9 pages petition, with all stories and repetitions justifying their misdeed done in the interest of company. The only persons who can cause loss or damage to people in the interest of the law or safety of people is the Police. For example, Police may kill a thief if he is escaping law or encounter.

The victim respondent has given only points in half page objections for dismissing the accused's petition to allow the lower court for taking further process which will also take long time. From last 7 years, .out of the 4 accuseds, 2 are already dead.  Now this 482 case is not coming up for hearing even after 9 months. What can be done ? They are very rich and powerful.

Can the respondent who is party in person and also senior citizen write to Registrar for giving judgment without the victim's presence? Is presence compulsory?  If so under what section ?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x