Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMEER   22 April 2016

Can i open a salon in residential basement.

hi sir/madam I have a residential basement in delhi can I open a salon in residential basement. thanks sameer

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 April 2016

If in the approved plan, the basement was permitted for commercial activity, you can open any establishment with permission of society in writing.

Normally basements are exclusively meant for parking and if it is your own, and if you have not mentioned basement for any exclusive use in the plan approved, you may open the same as a self employed person and owner.  But, it is proper if you seek specific permission from Corporation with facts so that they may not pose any problems in future.(A simple letter is sufficient.  I am the owner of residence Door No.................at...................... and wish to open a saloon as self employed for my daily earning, in unused basement which is vacant and gathering dust.  Please provide permission for use of the basement as it is for my own use for self employment)

JustAdvisor (IT)     22 April 2016

you may need a shop and establishments certificate

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     22 April 2016

As per the Delhi Shop and commercial establishment Act only two professionals One is Professionally Qualified Doctor and other is a registered Advocate can open their office cum Chamber in residential complexes; other than this any commercial activity in the residential area is prohibitted to operate.

No you can not open a Saloon in your residential basement, enen if you need to open it you first get this portion converted for the commercial use and then start your saloon business there.

For further legal assistance you can send me a PM (Personal Message) through this site.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register