LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagarjuna (Others)     30 May 2024

Can i get closure letter of written complaint?

I am from Hyderabad, married in 2013 and having 7 years old daughter. I had affair with another major unmarried woman for 2 years (2022 to till date). Now I want to stop the relationship with her. A written petition is given by her before circle inspector to delete all the photos and videos. FIR is not filed yet. Constable called to visit the station and settle the matter. I am ready to delete all the photos and videos. Can we get any closure document from the police station after meeting and settlement about the issue..?


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2024

The police will not issue any closure document, the police may close her complaint without taking any action stating that a compromise arrived between both and will send the papers to the records. 

You can enter into an agreement based on the compromise between you both about the same and can enter the details of compromise with the conditions therein

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 June 2024

The police has no jurisdiction, in the given facts. May be, they would try to settle the issue informally. There could be no written closure report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register