Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     24 August 2012

Can i do stop payment against bad service by ro supplier?

Hello All

I have purchased Nimbus Gold+ RO by Nimbus RO systems (https://nimbusrowater.com/) 2 weeks back. I have paid them by two cheques one current 5000/- and other post dated 2500/-

4-5 days ago, RO started problems. I called cust care and they have given complaint no and promised in max 48 hours , mechanic will come. I also emailed them. Nobody came since 1 week !!

I called CC again but after hearing my complaint they hanged phone. I called sales person who was trying to sell RO from 1 month to me, but his cell is coming as switched off /busy or unreachable

If this is their behaviour, how can I expect them to give 4 services in a year ???

In this circumstances, can I do stop payment of other postdated cheque ?

Is it OK or will it invite any threat of legal action ?

Please reply

Rgds

Sumit 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     24 August 2012

Dear sumit,

in this case you need to send a legal notice through an Advocate against their product quality and inefficieny in services. due to which you want to return back the product and want your money back. further asking them not to deposit the cheque in the bank.

Simultaneously need to give instruction to the bank for stop payment.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     24 August 2012

Thanks Rohit

In this case I dont want to return product. I just want to stop payment of cheque so that they do their promised services effectively and behave good with consumer. My target is to pay them 2500/- after one year of good service. So please advice whether stopping cheque  is OK ?

Rgds

Sumit 

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     24 August 2012

Sumit,

If, you don't make their payment and keep the product with you then, you would be at fault and they will send a legal notice to youfor recovery of dues. Then the liability would shift to you. so it is not advisable to stop the payment of cheque without returning the product.

Finally you do as you deem fit.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register