LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   12 December 2023

Can a person buy a flat from housing society

My landlord is trying to evict me using land grabbing act. In his application he says he gave me the flat to reside for free 10 years ago which is a lie because he was taking the rent by cash & refused to give receipts.

He says he bought the flat from my housing society by purchasing 5 shares of Rs 100/- each last year 2022.

He used those share certificate to register the property & got a copy of (7-12) from revenue records.He used that to enter his name in property tax records. He used those two documents to file an application under Land Grab act.

(1) Housing society's name wasn't in property tax bills but someone else's ( I think Land Owner's ) name & I have been paying those property tax bills for last 16 years by checks.

(2) Society's name wasn't in (7-12) records as of last year & I have that copy.

(3) So how can society sell the flat by giving just 5 share certificate when they don't own the flat OR do they ?

(4) Why didn't they give him "Sales Deed" Or why didn't he ask for it ?

(5) Isn't Sales Deed a must document for all of above entries ?

Thank You 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 December 2023

If he has filed a case in this regard, you can challenge the same on the basis of the documentary eviedences in your possession and get the case dismissed on merits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register