LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushil (partner)     06 May 2012

Can a firm work in different states

I have registered a firm in Haryana. Now I want to start the same work in Bihar. Should i have to register a new firm for same purpose or I can work with same firm. Please explain.


 4 Replies

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     06 May 2012

you can carry the same name & style & nature of business of the firm but you have to register your firm with concern authority of Bihar.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     07 May 2012

Mr. Sushil,

mr. Sourav informed rightly. Futher I wuold like to tell you that, you can amend your Partnership Deed and convert your Firm into LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) to MCA and can avail all the benefits as to the company and even can carry out your business in same name and style throughout India.

We would like to assists you for the same.

Feel free to revert back for further clarification.


Atul Suryavanshi


  JC Law Firm

Email: atul@jclawfirm.in

Mobile - 09923552956

sushil (partner)     07 May 2012

Dear Sir

We don't charge anything for our services. You can say its a non profitable organization. Then will we have to register a firm in Bihar too, if we want to work there. Please clear this thing to me

Thanks a lot.

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     08 May 2012

Dear Mr.Sushil,

One thing you should not skip is get your Trademark Registered at Kolkata Registry. This will give you your IP protection with other things.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register