LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     06 June 2008

Calling for LCR

Is there any appeal against Sessions Court order for calling of lower courts records?

This is a case where the Accused was convicted by the lower court and the Accused appealed against it and the case was remanded back for taking fresh evidence, thereafter he was once again convicted.  He has once again gone for appeal in Sessions Court.

The Judgement was pronounced on 30-11-07 and the Appeal was filed on 7-1-2008.  A delay of 7 days.   The delay is usually condoned.

The Accused appellant was ordered to pay 25% of fine amount and the accused having failed to pay the Sessions Judge vacated the stay on bail by its order dated 20-3-08.  The sessions Judge further had  advised the Respondent to comply its order by 4-6-08, but on 4-6-08 on the absence of Respondent’s advocate the court as ordered for calling of Lower Court records without the Appellant/Accused  having deposited the 25% amount.

The Appellant now gets an opportunity to proceed with the appeal without having deposited the fine amount.   And once the Lower court record is brought to the Sessions bench the Accused/Appellant cannot be Arrested.

Now, can we advance the case and object for calling for lower court records unless and until the Appellant complies the order of depositing 25% of fine amount.

Learning

9 Replies

Ladhu Ram Chowdhary (lawyer)     06 June 2008

my dear,vakil123 , No provision in crpc for appeal against sessions court order for calling of lower court records. yes, in a case where the Accused was convicted by the lower court and the Accused appealed against it and the case was remanded back for taking fresh evidence, thereafter he was once again convicted. He has once again gone for appeal in Sessions Court.
sec.5 limitation -on the applicationact delay of 7 days is usually condoned.

appellate court on 4-6-08 on the absence of Respondent’s advocate the court as ordered for calling of Lower Court records without the Appellant/Accused having deposited the 25% amount.

No Appellant now not gets an opportunity to proceed with the appeal without having deposited the fine amount. And once the Lower court record is brought to the Sessions bench the Accused/Appellant can be Arrested.
Now, we can not advance the case and object for calling for lower court records unless and until the Appellant complies the order of depositing 25% of fine amount.after Arrested appellant gets an opportunity to proceed with the appeal without having deposited the fine amount.

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     07 June 2008

Can the Session Court Arrest the Accused/Appellant  after getting the Lower Court Records and after finding that no deposit of fine amount of 25% is complied with by the Appellant/Accused?

I am already having at hand the Arrest warrant issued by the lower court, if the police arrests the Accused he will be produced before the lower court.  If the FILE is  with the Sessions court can it be put up before the Lower court to execute the warrant.  

Ladhu Ram Chowdhary (lawyer)     07 June 2008

my dear , police arrests the Accused & produced before the lower court . the lower court call file & execute the warrant.

Ladhu Ram Chowdhary (lawyer)     07 June 2008

I has been sand modify message

deepak kumar (Advocate)     10 June 2008

please state as to the sections under which the accused was convicted and the punishment awarded to him

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     11 June 2008

U/s 138 of N.I. Act  Deepak.

Ladhu Ram Chowdhary (lawyer)     12 June 2008

under sec .138 N.I.Act-If the person committing an offence u/s sec.138 N.I. act-Who is convicted and the punishment awarded to him under sec.141 N.I. Act.

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     12 June 2008

Hello,

Ir respective to the answers suggested to you. We simplyfy the process. The accused had gone into the appeal and the appealent court granted him a conditional bail .If he is not fullfiling the condition you can seek arrest warrants against him and it can be executed with or without file that is not an issue.and as there is no stay then u can move to the trial court also.

Ladhu Ram Chowdhary (lawyer)     12 June 2008

Hi,in that case trial court no have jurisdition .so we can go to appellant court for stay order and bail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register