LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vani (house wife)     23 January 2010

Buying property-Legal heir


I want to buy a property in Vizag, AP. The lady who owned the house is expired. Now the husband and the two sons got the legal heir certificate. They have updated the municipality records to the husbands name. And the husband has the Power of Attorney from his sons. Can i buy the property, is it legally clear? Does he have to update the revenue records too to sell the house to me. Please advise..


 3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     23 January 2010

Advise to approach a good lawyer locally with all the documents and make a proper search in the registration dept and seek legal opinion based on the documents and then proceed.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 January 2010

To purchase the property clear tittle is required. Verify the nil encumbrance certificate of 15 years, property extracts, sale deed if sellers have got etc.,

When father has got PA from his sons then there is no problem to purchase the property, before purchasing be cautious.

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     24 January 2010

First of all, the said Power of Attorney should be a registered one. Make sure whether there is any recital  in the said Power of Attorney with regard to sons' empowering the husband(father) to deliver possession of their respective undivided extent of  share in the property. If you find same complied with, you can proceed with sale transaction. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query