LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABC (NA)     14 January 2011

Buying an existing mortgaged flat

One of my friends has entered into an agreement to buy a flat 3 years back on payment of nominal advance. Subsequently he got to know that the flat is mortgaged with a nationalized bank with respect to working capital loan by the seller.

Further to this there was a dispute with the bank and bank had moved under the SARFAESI Act to take possession of the flat. Owner moved to the DRT and the bank subsequently transferred the rights to a ARC company.

Now the seller is claiming that he has mutually settled with the ARC Company and will be getting the title deeds and original sale deed shortly and willing to sell the flat on payment on balance amount.

1. What precautions my friend should take now? Is a Non-encumbrance certificate from the ARC and seeing the original title deed with the seller will be sufficient?

2. Can he safely make payment by DD on day of application for registration with the Sub-Registrar?

3. Will doing a search now will help before the settlement is done to check for any other encumbrance / mortgage?

A comprehensive guideline to obtain a clean title will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Learning

2 Replies

ABC (NA)     23 January 2011

Any guidance please?

Regards,

Helpseeker (Manager)     23 April 2011

Hi,

Recently, even I have come across a property, a 2BHK flat, which has been mortgaged to HDFC. I really liked the property & would like to buy it. Can any one pls tell me what all precautions I shud take before getting into this agreement. @ dear ABC, if you have found answer to your query from some other source, would appreciate if you can help me.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Vikas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register