Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaseem   17 February 2024

Buying a flat

Hi Experts,

I hope you all are doing well.

I Wanted to know more about buying a flat in Hyd.

We saw a property which has permission of Stilt+2 permission, and he has built 4 floors and additional one portion in Ground floor which is a Stilt.

We liked the portion he has built on Stilt and we were unaware of it is not approved as per the plan and permission, when we find out, he says nothing will happen as the ground he has left 2/3 space for parking remaining 1/3 he built a flat, he is taking responsibility of future, and he promising of getting a home loan and registration.

Please advice if we can proceed with this or not

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2024

The builder will give tall promises now in order to sell the flat  and it is common for the builders to tell umpteen lies in order to have such wrongful gains.

It is an illegal construction, totally deviating from the construction approved plan.

The builder who assures you now that he will take care of all the problems in future, will not at all be available and he will vanish once the property is sold.

Especially when the authorities concerned wiil issue notice or take steps to demolish the illegally constructed flat, then the builder will not be reachable.

The bankers do not bother about the deviated construction while granting the home loan because they are in hand and gloves witht the builders.

The bank manager who is available now will not remain the same person in future when there is a problem, and the new manager will resort to legal recovery action if there is a default in repayment owing to said reasons of demolition.

You may take a cautious step and of course there is no necessity for you to invest such a huge amount into an illegally constructed property.  

Don't get attracted by the looks or other exciting  offers and get cheated, i.e., don't fall into the pit with eys wide open 

It is advisable that you obtain a proper legal opinion from an experienced lawyer in the local before venturing into the  proposed  purchase 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 February 2024

Very well analysed, opined and advised by learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, which I fully agree and appreciate his acumen.

I will advise (not a suggestion) you must not buy such property / flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register