Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nautanki (None)     09 February 2010

Buy Agricultural land

Hello-

My wife comes from a farmer family. However I am non-farmer family. We want to buy about 1 acre agricultural land in Maharashtra, in Konkan area.

1. Can my wife still buy an agri land, even after her marriage into a non-farmer family?

2. Can I also be added to the purchase deed as a 2nd owner? If yes, do I need to get any special permission?

3. We have one daughter, who is NOT an Indian citizen. will we be able to transfer this land to her, as part of our will?

4. What is the procedure to transfer agri land to non-agri? How much time does it take? How much will it cost to the transfer whole 1 acre land to NA?

Thanks in advance

Learning

1 Replies

AgriBuyer (N.A.)     09 March 2010

I can help you with 1 & 2 (from my own experience).  My example is identical to yours - wife from farmer family, I am not from one.

1. Can my wife still buy an agri land, even after her marriage into a non-farmer family?

Yes, my wife could buy.

2. Can I also be added to the purchase deed as a 2nd owner? If yes, do I need to get any special permission?

In our case we were not allowed, my name had to be removed from the sale deed.  In fact we had purchased stamps in my name, we could not use those stamps and had to pay stamp duty separately in my wife's name.  However, I was later told by several people that I should have been allowed as a 2nd owner.  However, once the sub-registrar refused, we did not insist.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register