building contract breach & kidnapping case

Dear Lawyers,


My mother entered into a contract with local contractor to build a house. She paid him around 21 Lac rupees as she thought that he is a trustworthy guy. After taking the money, he has stopped the work and dissapeared.

My mother contacted the police regarding this issue and filed a complaint. (This was around 2 months back). Now, she went to the house of the contractor with police to ask for her money back and end the contract. He is hiding somewhere and wasnt found there. Its learnt that he has taken money from many people and has ran away somethere. She sent him 2 notices till now.

After this episode, his lawyer called up and threatened that he will issue a kidnapping case against my mother & spoke to the police inspector also.

My mother is very disturbed by this threat. Kindly advice us on how to proceed with this matter. Also, please tell me if this allegation is really very dangerous and can go against my mother in any way? or can be proved false???

Please reply.




Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

Dear Querist

the allegation is very serious, it will be better to file a criminal complaint u/s 420,406 of IPC against him or file a civil suit before civil court for recovery of money.

contact a lawyer personally for best advise


Everyone knows that its a lie and he is not kidnapepd... And we have filed a police complaint against him also... Should we file a complaint against him in court, how long will the case last till we receive our money back. As he has made a lot of property by cheating people it seems... (As said by his neighbors and aquaintancies)

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Immediately file criminal & civil cases as Mr.Nadeem suggested.Keep F.I.R. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x