Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (na)     04 January 2011

Builder Voilations

Dear Lawyers,

Please let me know what I should do ? I am from Bangalore

Builder has not formed the association even after 3years 2 months. He has informed that he will hand over all the documents to the land owners and indicated his work is over. The builder has grossly voilated bye-laws and even constructed 2 extra floors. He has so far not installed lift, not installed back-up generator, not followed fire-safety rules, he has not regularized the building for voilations.

1. Who is responsible for regularization of the building by way of paying penalty if BBMP comes with Akrama-Sakrama, who is supposed to pay for it?

2. Builder has ignored police notice by not installing firesafety equipments, the building has five floors (G+4). Who is responsible for installing fire safety equipments ?

3. Builder has handed over the occupation late by 6 months, initially he promised compensation but now he says he will not give.

4. Builder has not given us start /completion/occupany certificate till date but we have A khatha and even paid taxes for the last two years. Will these certificate be required for any other purpose.

5. Can we sue builder any time for his voilations or is there any time limit, for example Akrama-Sakrama may come after two years, can we sue builder or is there any lapse of time?

6. Can a lone consumer take builder to consumer court with sufficient documents? The builder seems to threaten and keeps owners mouth shut.

Please answer my questions, advance thanks...

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     04 January 2011

If the builder have not provided the facilities he has promised to provide, a lone flat holder can also file a complaint in the consumer forum for deficiency in service.

Pradeep (na)     05 January 2011

1. Who is responsible for regularization of the building by way of paying penalty if BBMP comes with Akrama-Sakrama, who is supposed to pay for it?

2. Builder has ignored police notice by not installing firesafety equipments, the building has five floors (G+4). Who is responsible for installing fire safety equipments ?

3. Builder is trying to mark 13 parking lots even though only 10 cars can be parked, he is suggesting to employ security cum driver and park cars in the drive-way. What should I do ?

PLEASE answer my questions...

Thanks in Advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register