LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod (individual)     12 November 2014

Builder issue


I am from Hyderabad and we purchased a flat from a builder which was in construction phase 2 years back and occupied it last year December. Even at that time the out side works and common area works were still going on. Even now there is some works like painting etc still pending and already walls developed cracks. When we questioned the builder is not responding / giving adament answers. What shall we do? Kindly advice. We already formed an association.




 3 Replies


file complaint in consumer court . appoint local advocate

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     13 November 2014

If you have formed an Association then file case through Association before State Commission, Consumer court and you would definitely get relief.  Firstly send, legal notice through Association to the Builder.

jeet singh (employee)     14 November 2014

Unless there is a written agreement between developer and yourself regarding post delivery maintenance and overall structural guarantee, it would be hard. IF there is any written confirmation, you can file a legal complaint along with expenses, estimate of repair work. If there is something substantially wrong with the structure and as such is in-habitable and unsafe, an independent survey from government recognized architect would support the legal case. The overall settlement in court for such cases take in and around 3-4 years. You can find other ways of raising concern about the developer at



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query