Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjaycase (service)     20 February 2013

Builder cheated. need advice

Hi,

One plot developer approached and I entered in to a notarized investment agreement with him. As per the agreement terms.

1) Investor (myself) will give investment check to builder for 1 year tenure

2) Builder will in return will give monthly interest and also provide plots (registered) to Investor as security. Registration will be done in first 3 months.

3) Builder will also issue a PDC for Investment amount.

4) Any issue will be settled via an arbitrator who will be appointed with mutual agreement.

5) Investor can withdraw the amount in 45 days notice.

I started with this agreement and in first two months the interest checks were deposited without any issue. Later in 3rd month the check bounced because of insufficient funds in the account. When I attempted to contact builder I realized the office is closed but he was reachable on phone and promised to pay me in few days. After some analysis I found he has cheated some other folks in loan scheme and their checks are also bounced.

Hence I on my own issued him a notice via registered AD within 5 days of check bounce on his office address.

The register has came back as not claimed. Builder’s mobile is now switched off and when we get to connect with him he promises other date for some reasons.

My interest is to get my applicable interest amount and principal back (15 Las) which is hard earned money.

Can I file both criminal case (Under 138) as threat for him for settlement as civil case for recover of my investment + due interest.

Also in case he is given a punishment under criminal suit will there be any opportunity to recover my amount? Which is my main interest.

Also is there any risk associated with me getting trapped?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

Sandeep

Learning

1 Replies

Sanjaycase (service)     01 March 2013

Any quick suggestions please

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register