LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesha S (Engineer)     18 April 2016

Builder cancelling registered sale deed

I reside in a apartment complex in Bangalore. The builder has promised to get A khata. For which he has demanded 20K from each of the flat owners. I refused to pay 20K, and conveyed this to him. As the 20K he is demanding is for the bribe to be paid to issue A khata to a building having an un approved floor and other deviations. The builder is saying he will cancel my agreements and registraion.

Can he on his own cancel the agreements and registration of the flat done in my name (I am living in the flat)?

Can he take Khata for my flat without me signing the application for Khata ?

Learning

4 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2016

If  you registerd a Agreement thenafter without your sign Builder can not cancel the Agreement at Registrar office.

Note :- If you give any Power to Builder please you cancel the Power .

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2016

If  you registerd a Agreement thenafter without your sign Builder can not cancel the Agreement at Registrar office.

Note :- If you give any Power to Builder please you cancel the Power .

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     18 April 2016

1) Have u paid all consideration to builder? Have u given any authority to him for carrying that activity on ur behalf?  Have u registed the Sale deed?

2) If yes then builder can cancell such registration but ur consent is required for the same.

3) If no then builder can't cancelled any document.

4) Builder can't get khata with out ur permission.

Thanks

Lokesha S (Engineer)     19 April 2016

Thanks to both the advocates / lawyers.

The responses clarified my questions.  

The flat is bought on housing loan from LIC.  I have given power of attroney to LIC during housing loan application.  Does this change the case in any way.

Thanks for your time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register