LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SNM   29 January 2019

Breaking an engagement

This is an arranged marriage. I'm a guy. After getting engaged (Hindu-Brahmin), I got to talk to the girl (on phone) and as per instructions of her parents I get to meet her personally as we stay in the same city. Having not troubled her much for outing or hanging out. She never received me in a proper way. The girl used to hurt me with her words. Having tried a numerous times, her response will be the same. In the span of one and half month after engagement, with the strange behaviour of girl, we got to fight and used to sit in front of her parents and my parents for settlement. Girl parents also declared that, it is their girl's mistake to talk rudely with fiancee. This situation happened thrice. Now, I lost interest in getting married to that girl. I declared at my parents also, I conveyed girl's dad. Now, girl's father is begging to marry her daughter and accepting that it's all her daughter's mistake to behave rudely/strange . I expressed my opinion of not getting married to such girl. Does this have any legal implications? Kindly clarify. Regards SNM.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   29 January 2019

If u brake engage ment it is only civil.they can claim only damages or compensation in court of laws. So don't hesitate to cancel marriage prevention is better than cure. Say it with her friendly Tata Tata. Bye Bye.
1 Like

SNM   29 January 2019

No dowry is involved.. No gifts were taken during engagement. Girl's father has paid advance (money) to marriage hall, decoration and catering services.

Shashi Dhara   29 January 2019

They will take back advance and they can claim for damages only.they cannot force u to marry .
1 Like

SNM   30 January 2019

Girl's parents along with 2 mediators came to my parents .. in dicussion they threw a sign of warning and gave infrormation on his financial initations planned for wedding..

Girl father told that he took 10 lakh loan from others for wedding preaprations. There is no written proof of this debt and what is the gurantee that he borrowed 10 lakh only for wedding? Also, it was clearly agreed between both parties that only after Feb 6, 2019 any planning/purchases should be made as a religious ritual on Feb 6 is awaited. (wedding planned on March 13)..

How to curtail their advancement in demanding money from us. No sign of filing case in court is seen. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register