LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balwant singh (student)     02 August 2011

Birth certificate

m adopted son of an unmarried woman (60yrs) she is legally my mother. i wana go abroad ..for this i need take my birth

certificate  with me. when i was born my natural mom dad did'nt registered my birth within 21 days .

but as u also know sir ..  here is any procedure to register it now also with certain documents, statements n witnesses ..

i am also following this way... for this i was to my city birth registrar office (municipal committee) n

 they said yes u cn apply to register ur date of birth .. bt when they saw my case that m adoptive son of an

unmarried mother then they were confused .. they said if any kid become adoptive son of any parents then that

kid will get his birth  certificate with the name of his adotive father and mother name ... not with the name of

his natural parents ... bt in your case problem is this that your adoptive mother is unmarried then what we should

write in the column of father's name ?

bt sir ..i got passsport with the name of my adoptive mother  on the base of my court's decree ...
in that decree sheet i am declared to be the adopted son of this unmarried woman and  for all purposes

with effect from today and all my  ties with my natural father mother shall be deemed to be severed and replaced

by those created by the adoption in the adoptive family .further ,i am at liberty to change my records/certificates


so .. m now legally the adoptive son of my unmarried mother .. and with the help of this decree from court .

bt sir now the problem is this .. either i cn get my birth certificate with my natural father mother's name or

i cn get birth certificate also with my adoptive mother's name and if yes then what will be the father's name

in my birth certificate ?

sir plzz reply me as soon as possible for this i will be very thankful to you .  

                                                                                         Balwant Singh


 1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 September 2011

If you have your school certificates which exibits the date of birth you can produce it as evidence and enclose the adoption certificate along with it for the passport. application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register