LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (NA)     26 January 2010

better way to transfer property

We are hindu family residing in India. My grandfather who having two daughters (and of the two daughters one is my mother and we are two brothers with no sisters) and a living wife wants to transfer all his property, which is not the ancestral property, to me and my brother. My grandfather is not interested in transferring his property to his wife & any of his daughters and their legal heirs (except me and my brother) i.e. in other words only me and my brother should only be the beneficiary receiving the property. Does drafting a will with me and my brother as the benefiiary and registering it a good idea if expecting some challenges from the other parties mentioned above? Is there any other cheapest, legal and secure way to accomplish the same? How about a gift deed?

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     26 January 2010

Will shall devolve ownership rights after death of your grandpa and obtaining succession certificate/probate as the case may be and gift deed shall involved heavy cost so cheaoest is a family setlemt or relinquishment deed which can be got executed by him in the office of registrar and his is the only cheapest way to transfer his property in favour of both of you brotherd during his life time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register