Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amta (Asst prof)     24 February 2023

Benefit of past service while shifting from state govt job on probation to central government job

I have been working as Assistant Professor in University of Delhi (Autonomous under central govt) on Ad-Hoc basis for past 10 years. I have been given full grade A (level 10) scale during this time. There has never been a break in service.

In such a condition, when someone is appointed on Permanent basis in University of Delhi ( and in most other govt universities), their entire past service is counted towards the benefit of promotion to higher grades and to associate professor. 

I recently got selected for Permanent post of Assistant Professor in Delhi government state university. The university has mentioned in their offer letter explicitly that they will not count the benefit of past service. I had not applied to this job through proper channel or got NOC from Delhi University during this selection process. Probation period here is 2 years.

If I happen to join this state university accepting and agreeing to their terms of my past service not being counted, and if after few months I get selected in University of Delhi (Autonomous under central government) on Permanent basis, will I get benefit of entire past service (10 years in university of Delhi + few months in state university) for promotion and other purposes in university of delhi? 

How can i ensure that i get such benefit of entire past service if i get re-employeed in university of Delhi in future? Do i need NOC while appearing from the state university? ( Application to university of Delhi  cannot be forwarded through proper channel of state university because i applied much before joining the state university). What kind of Resignation do i need to give to state university during probation in order to ensure that my entire past service is counted im university of Delhi? ( in offer letter it is mentioned that Resignation can be given with 1 month notice or by giving salary of 1 month,  thought it is not mentioned whether what consequences it will have on counting of past service when i join new job)

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2023

the benefit of continuation of service is not admissible for ad-hoc service.

even if benefit of past service is added it does not count for seniority. It may count for all other benefits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register