LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay (GM)     28 June 2011

Bank increasing margin on hoam loan interest rate

My home loan is on a floating rate  with a multinational  bank (havings its indian operations) stating the margin  on its published base rate. I was assured at the time of availing the loan by the salesman  who sent me a mail ( from his provate mail ID) stating that the margin would be fixed for the whole tenure of the loan.

However, at the first  interest review milestone, the bank increased  the margin significantly. All my enquiries have yielded no result. They state that the agreement does not state that they mad a commitment to keep the margin constant. Also they have disowned teh commitment made by their salesman.

I am now afraid that my loan is now totally uncontrolled on interest rate changes and teh bank can increase it at its convenience .

What redressal avenues do I have? 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2011

You shall require to be smart and have lots of patience, persistence.

Is this salesman is an employee of the bank , or some agency of the bank?

Do you have his visiting card with his bank/agency and mobile phone number and email id on it?

Was he carrying his bank/agency  Id with him when he came to you?

You submitted your loan application to agency or bank?

Has he or his agency's competent employee  also signed on the loan application?

Has the bank given you a certified copy of the loan application and enclosres supplied by you?

Bank is under obligation to supply you all docs signed by you, under fair practices code set by RBI. Kindly study RBI instructions on their website carefully.

What he has committed is miselling and offence, and he is representative of the bank.

You shall need to use your resources to prepare your case and gather all evidences you can, and make the bank understand that, you have been cheated by their representative and bank has to act in a responsible manner, and ensure that you are given the product what you have asked for, and no more customer is cheated.

You may find your remedy from bank or consumer forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register