LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

an (4)     02 December 2012

Bank fraud

The manager of a bank has defrauded me in collusion with a relative when I was abroad.

The manager has now retired. The Bank refuses to let me know the name or current address of the manager. How can I file a criminal case against him?

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2012

give an application to the police.  They know how to get the address.

Whether fraud was in his oficial capacity?

Whether Bank is Govt Bank?

When he retired?

When fraud took place?

vasant kulkarni (DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER)     02 December 2012

YOU MUST HAVE THE DETAILS OF FRAUD.YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO THE HIGHER AUTHORITIES SUCH AS GM,DGH,RM.YOU CAN GET THEIR DETAILS  ON THE WEBSITE OF THAT BANK.THERE YOU CAN DIRECTLY WRITE TO VIGILENCE OFFICER.SO BE QUICK.

WHETHER THIS IS GOVT BAK?

surjit singh (Assistant)     02 December 2012

Act as Mr Kulkarni says be quick in reporting the matter of fraud to the police. There are provisions for submitting a detailed FIR at the later stage. File an FIR with the police stating about thethen Manager, the POLICE will find out the name of the manager  within minutes, along with that also write to the zonal manager, regional manager of the bank. There is no bar whether it is a governemnt bank of a private bank any fraud made is FRAUD.

There is no bar whether it is a governemnt bank of a private bank any fraud made is FRAUD.

But procedure will be simpler if it is a Govt Bank. Let him explain which Bank it was.  I am reserving my views till he reveals whether it was or was not a Govt Bank.

an (4)     02 December 2012

It is a Govt bank. Fraud in official capacity. Retirement after fraud.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 December 2012

It is Govt bank and the fraud is in official capacity then it attracts the provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act in addition to Indian Penal Code.  But if the amount is very small the CBI may not be interested in registering case.  The criminal case can be initiated by State Vigilance Bureau and even by local THANA.

If the person has retired and the fraud is more than four years old then management will not be able to take any action against the manager but in any case if any of his accomplice is in service then they can take disciplinary action against him. Since Govt Banks are controlled by Central Govt you can address your detailed complaint to CVC as well.

You can visits the website of CVC to know the address and phone No of Chief Vigilance Officer of any Govt organization including Banks.

Although Govt banks are covered under RTI but seeking address of retired person will in the beginning may be refused on the ground of invasion of privacy and you will have to approach CIC and tell them that you need the information for busting a corruption matter. So you initial application should indicate you purpose of getting address.

Notwithstanding the availability of address if you make the complaint to Govt Bank and they taken no action you can seek details of action taken under RTI and also make a complaint to the CVC

Once criminal case is made against him (which is not barred by his retirement) then his address will be know and you can file civil suit or consumer case (as advised ) against the  Bank, the Manager and his accomplices (as advised by your advocate).

But one question you will encounter "why did you keep silent over the years'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register