LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AAABBB   21 July 2015

Bank documents

Need a immediate guidance, my cheques and pass book of saving accounts have lost, because of which i have freezed my accounts immendiately.so i hope that all the accounts assocaited with the saving would get freezed like my recurring deposit accounts no one will be able to withdraw any money on my behalf from my RD accounts.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 July 2015

Do not get panicked with normal and usual happenings.  Though, you have lost the passbook and cheque book, that can never be used without your signature, how ever normal precaution is that you have to inform the Bank.  There is no worry about recurring Bank.

If you are still convinced close that account, and open another account, if you have not linked that account number with any schemes.

Or just stop transacting the business in that account and do not credit the account.(SB).  As far as recurring deposit is concerned, you need not worry, get duplicate pass books for all the accounts by informing loss.  Please recollect whether you have noted your ATM PIN no etc., on passbook and if so change PIN immediately.

SRI   21 July 2015

Dear Sir, Please call to the respective banks toll free number and inform them to block the card and visit your home branch for getting duplicate passbook, atm card and ***give stop cheque instructions for the missing chq numbers*** so that the cheques won't clear though if they forge ur signature also RD account can't be encashed without u...so be cool

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     21 July 2015

U R saying U got the accounts freezed by the bank.No one can transact with those lost cheques.Also lodge a police complaint.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 July 2015

If the following sentence of your post reflects your only 

that all the accounts assocaited with the saving would get freezed like my recurring deposit accounts no one will be able to withdraw any money on my behalf from my RD accounts.

Your worry is  baseless as you have lost SB Account pass book/cheque book, the accouunt was freezed  (why should the account be freedzed!) and rest assured that your recurring deposit account will not be touched as there is relevance of loss of  SB passbook/cheque book to that account

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 July 2015

RD account is different to that of the SB account. There was no necessity to freeze the SB account too.  You should have written to the bank that you have lost the pass book and the cheques bearing sl nos. from   to   , this would have taken care of stopping payment if any cheque was presented for payment by the finder, also you could have requested the bank to remove the issuance of the said cheques from your account details and issue you with fresh cheques.  The bank would have guided you properly had you approached it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register