LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prannay Chhibber (lawyer)     06 August 2021

attestation form in Job

I failed to disclose a case in which I was acquitted in 2010. It was accident case, wrongly put up on me..I was completely exonerated.
During my recent Job application with UPPSC I failed to disclose this information.

will it affect, as I am selected and process is on the last stage.

even the PVR has clearly stated that there was a case and the candidate was DOSHMUKT by honorable court.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 August 2021

The Supreme Court has held that a person facing criminal cases cannot be considered suitable for appointment in government service unless acquitted of the charges but I think you should still make the application, as you have nothing to lose.

Kevin Moses Paul   06 August 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that there is no impediment for you to apply and get job in a government department since you are acquitted of above charges. However, if there is a declaration you have to make you should mention these.

Thus, as you've been acquitted of the offence you were charged with, there is no issues in applying or even working as a government employee. However, you should have disclosed this on the employment application form, because if you hide such things then it might create issues in the future pointing out fingers and raising questions to you as to why you didn't mentioned the reasons for why you were acquitted and so on.

Therefore, it was very important to mention it earlier, however now you need to get in touch with the PRO of the department or the requisite authorities, in order to take appropriate measures now.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 August 2021

You are already exonerated from the charges leveled against you, implies that there was no case against you, therefore, even if you did not disclose, it will not be impediment in the verification for your job.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 August 2021

Please read the exact details sought in the application form.  Generally in all cases, the query is  "Have you been punished in a criminal case previously.".  You can confidently say NO and focus on qualifying the examination without unnecessary worries.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 August 2021

The Heading and the contents are inconsistent. Heading refers to attestation form whereas the query is as to the information furnished in the application form.  Please post the correct facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register