Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Really reforms are going in Judicial slowly. But great move.

Sayana.K.R. (??)     03 November 2009

haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     03 November 2009

i checked the same in the morning on SC website, i think one of the judges is yet to disclose his assets.

otherwise a good move.

K. Rajendra Prakash (Advocate)     04 November 2009

Great, declaration of assets is purely on voluntary basis.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     04 November 2009

Additional Information:

The May 7, 1997 resolution says: “Resolved that every Judge should make a declaration of all his/her assets in the form of real estate or investment [held by him/her in his/her own name or in the name of his/her spouse or any person dependent on him/her] within a reasonable time of assuming office and in the case of sitting judges within a reasonable time of adoption of this Resolution and thereafter whenever any acquisition of a substantial nature is made, it shall be disclosed within a reasonable time. The declaration so made should be to the Chief Justice of the Court. The Chief Justice [should] make a similar declaration for the purpose of the record. The declaration made by the Judges or the Chief Justice, as the case may be, shall be confidential.” 

Now finally declared by Hon'ble Justices after 12 years........

Great Move.....

H.D.Kumaravelu (Advocate)     04 November 2009

Lead kindly light .......

" The distance seen one step is enough for me "......

They ( Hon'ble Judges )have done that. Great.

(Guest)

I seriously dont think that we are going to achieve anything by declaring assets. This is political voyeurism and its not going to make any changes at the ground level. Has declaration of assets by politicians served any purpose? There is a difference between token moves like these to have a false sense of accountability and REAL accountability. What has happened to all the MLAs and MPs who have declared assets? Any inquiry, commission or even a mere question? Lets see beyond mere token gestures. having judges of SC declare assets is not going to make any ground level difference.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 November 2009

If the judges of the Supreme Court or the High court try to hide their assets, where is the question of accountability and transparency for Good Governance? Good Governance emenates from the efforats of the United Nations for achieving world Peace, and if the Supreme Court and the High Court judges refused to declare their Assets, Good governance will just be an Elusive Dream for Man Kind.

Hon'ble Judges cannot be compared with MLAs or MPs

having judges of SC declare assets is going to make much ground level difference.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 November 2009

Yes I agree with Rajendra, why should we compare pundits and priest with the politicians? I dont mean that politicians are free to do whatever they like but cleansening procedure should begins from those levels first like the pundis, and the priest etc.

(Guest)

Maybe I will understand it later coz as of now i dont get the point. Its nice to make ideal statements with lofty ideals. I have the utmost respect for judges. But why would i want something declared if nothings going to come out of it. its not just about judges.  I am yet to see anyone pointing out tangible benefits of these exercises backed by examples. when we ourselves do our best to evade taxes (by showing fake medical bills and travel tickets) why should we ask SC judges to declare their assets. People only get the government that they deserve. If any MP/MLA or Judge declares assets of obscene amounts of crores of rupees and nothing is done about it, then whats the use of declaring assets. Its so obvious that its black money. How can someone have a 100-200% jump in net worth in such an economy. Maybe its just about someone calling out that the emperor has no clothes.

1 Like

Yes,  I am 100% with you Mr. N.K.Assumi

Long journey starts with one step.  I think it is the first step towards achieving what the present day society needs. 

(Guest)

I like the optimism. I hope it turns into reality and we achieve the real goal of these steps. Heres wishing for the best. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register