Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

windowsxp   04 May 2019

Asking streedhan comes under dowry harrasment?

Dear Experts,

my friend recently married during marriage it is agreed by their in-laws they will give 10 tula gold to her daughter, later during marraige she weared around 4 tula gold and after marriage she left that gold in her parents home and came back with only mangalsutra., when he asked what happend to 10 tula gold she told i kept in my parents home i will bring next time.

2 moths back my friend went to US, and his wife instead of here in his house she went to her parents home.. during his onsite he was in discussion with his wife in whatsapp, during one of the discussion he told he is coming back on so.. date and asked his wife to bring the 10 tula gold what their parents promised.

then she showed her real face she is started asking this guy what gold and which gold... we never told we give gold.. he realized her true face and stopped discussion on gold.

he came back to india and he is not talking to his wife and she also not returned home..

so here the question is asking to bring streedhan what was promised druing marriage amounts to dowry harrasment??

he didnt took any dowry and also marraige he performed spending his own money.

Regards,

srini

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   04 May 2019

He cannot insist her to bring stridhan.it is better to drop it and try to live with her happily.stridhan belongs to wife she may bring it or not or relinquish it it is her choice it is better to live with her happily by forgetting it. Don't ruin his future for this gold .real gold is his wife.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 May 2019

Dear queriest, well analysed by Mr. Shashi Dhara. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register