LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     31 May 2012

Arguement on charges

CBI charged me u/s 420,471 in panchkula cjm court. My lawyer got bail for me. But as he come from ambala in every date,he desires not to attend court in future.  In next date, there will be arguement on charges.  i have 2 supreme court decisions + one high court decisons which are similar to my case and in accused favour so i want to argue on my case myself without the help of new lawyer because money(extra) tobe paid for this.

Now,first,tell me is it possible that i,myself can argue on charges before magistrate.  secondly, what exactly the meaning of argue on charges? can an accused get acquittal after arguement on charges?

Pl reply as sson as possible.

Learning

2 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     31 May 2012

@Rajinder

Please understand that proper appreciation of law in necessary before you argue any case in Court. Generally small mistakes are ignored by Judges when committed by Lawyers but when a normal person commits the same mistake the Judges take it very seriously and may even refuse to listen further.

Now when you have your case in hand, during "Arguement On Charge", you have to show to the court that even if the allegations levied against you are considered true, then also no crime is instituted. Else you'll have to go through trial.

There are all possible chances of "discharge" at the time of charge but this is limited to above restriction.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

(Guest)

Repeated Query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register