LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JOHNCHRISTOPHER (Divisional Manager)     11 February 2010

are daughter entitled for property share as per christianity

 My mother is born in a christian family as the second and only daughter in a total of four sibblings. Her parents had promised a equal share in her fathers earned paddy field of 67 cents,during her marriage in 1965, in the presence of some seniors. They have other ancestors property which my mother has not asked for a share as it was not promised by her parents. Now both my mothers parents are no more and the seniors are also no more,and now the three brothers are not willing to give a share.

If we proceed legally would my mother stand a chance to get a share from the property? My mother is a widow since 1995. 

Kindly let me know show that my mother can proceed further.


 4 Replies

Ritwick Dave (Lawyer)     11 February 2010

yes ofcourse your mother can ask for her share. If her bro are not willing to give then you can file a suit for the partition. Your mother have equal right over her parent property.

JOHNCHRISTOPHER (Divisional Manager)     11 February 2010

 Thank you very much sir. One more doubt is that should the case filed where the property is situated or the place where my mother is living, as the property is situate in Kanyakumari District and my mother is living with me at Coimbatore in Tamil nadu.

JOHNCHRISTOPHER (Divisional Manager)     12 February 2010

Can I expect some more suggestions on this query? should the case be filed at the place where the property is situated or where my mother is living as my mother is living about 500 kms away from where the property is situated.

Ritwick Dave (Lawyer)     13 February 2010

yes ofcourse u have to file suit where the property is situated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register