LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayashree joshi   24 April 2024

Appointment of developer

I am the chairperson of CHS. In redevelopment process ,one offer from Developer received where developer  is going to execute the project on partnership basis . In fact the project is going to be financed by the other. What documents to be taken if we have to consider his offer.We have appointed the PMC.  But for our safeguard let me know.    Thanks & Regards


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2024

While redevelopment is a long, tedious process that can eventually benefit residents, care should be taken to abide by all legal formalities to avoid disappointment and lengthy legal battles.

A building which is more than 30 years old has to conduct a structural audit once in three years as per bye-law No 76, of the Model Cooperative Housing Society bye-laws. .

The Society also has to get its deemed conveyance done, as it is one of the prerequisites for redevelopment. .

PAAA provides legal sanctity to the old flat owners that a newly built flat has been allotted in their name in the redeveloped building. Legally, it is only after the PAAA has been signed that homeowners should vacate their old building to commence redevelopment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register