25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     05 February 2015

Appeal against conviction, appellant not arguing

Appeal against conviction, Appelant not arguing

In a Criminal Case(NIA Act), the accused files an appeal u/s 374 CrPC, against his conviction by the Lower Court but despite many opportunities is not arguing the appeal. The Court is repeatedly granting adjournments.

What is the remedy in such a situation?

What should the Appellate Court in such situation?


 2 Replies


Appelate. Court shall pass ex-parte decree.

Adv. Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar (ADVOCATE)     06 February 2015


Request your Lawyer to Argue the Matter. In appeal, it does not matter if one of the parties does not argue the matter. Because, the grounds on which the appeal is preferred are set concisely in the Appeal Memo itself. Your lawyer should press the matter before the Court by insisting that no adjournment be granted and the  appeal be heard expeditiously. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query