Apostille on divorce papers

I need urgent help in getting apostille attestation from MEA for my divorce papers. I stay abroad and need legal help in India. Divorce was finalized in Lucknow, document is in Hindi. Kindly contact me at the earliest.

Apostille attestation from MEA of the judgment/decree of divorce can be done only after the attestation on the certified copies of these are done by Ministry of Home Affairs of the State where it was issued namely, the first step is to get it attested from the UP State Ministry of Home, After this process the Apostile process can be carried out from New Delhi through the authorised agents from the MEA, New Delhi.

The original certified copy of the divorce papers will only be having Apostille stamp and in this case these are in Hindu, the translation of these duly certified as true copy and notarised will also be required. MEA will not put any Apostille Stamp on the translated copy of these document.

You can contact me for any legal help in New Delhi.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x