Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (Consultant)     01 November 2011

Apartment forcing broadband service provider

Dear All,

I am a flat owner in Pimpale Saudagar. Below is current situation.

- We are in process of forming Apartment Condominium. Process is almost complete. A committee of 15 members is formed (including Chairman / Vice Chairman etc). This committee has started looking after day to day operation.

- We had You broadband connection on premises. Around 10 flat owners are using You Broadband service.

- A meeting was conducted few weeks back (I was not present in the meeting) in which they decided to terminate You Broadband service. Instead, they are suggesting to use BSNL broadband for everyone in the apartment.

My questions

- Can a committee force Apartment owners to use a particular broadband service only within Apartment premises?

Kindly help.

Learning

2 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     01 November 2011

SEE ONE CAN USE ANYTHING ONE WANTS..... BUT IF A COMMON LINE IS THERE AND MAJORITY WANTS TO REMOVE IT AND USE SOME OTHER LINE. YOU CAN ASK THEM TO TAKE ANOTHER LINE AND KEEP THE FORMER LINE INTACT..........

Sagar (Consultant)     01 November 2011

I think I need to provide information in greater details. The only line we are having is You Broadband. BSNL and Airtel cannot provide service in our apartment complex (their own infrastructure issue). This is known to everyone in the Committee. But still You Broadband was removed indirectly (they were told to pay 200000 Rs rent per year which he refused to pay. Our society is comparatively small and dont have customer base for so much of rent.) We already know that no service provider will be able to pay this much rent.

Now we are left with no service provider and people are being told to get wireless USB for net. My frustration is how can someone dictate me which broadband I need to use inside my house? That too we are not even society. I want some guided legal advice on what action I can take against such headstrong committee (to teach them a lesson) ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register