LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Imran Khan   20 February 2021

Ancestral Property Distribution

My Grandfather had an ancestral house in Village. Having said my grandfather had 5 sons and 1 daughter. one of the sons and daughter move away to Pakistan. So only 4 sons stayed back. After the demise of my grandfather one of my Uncle took over the residence and his entire family started living over at that place. After a few years this Uncle of mine started raising issues of property rights claiming that the Grandfather had gift willed it to him though there has been no documentary evidence of it. Against his claim my father opposed it and said unless and untill a written evidence is not produced or all the remaining elder brothers do write off in your favor I will part off with my share and neither shall I give any written testimony for that. way back in 1985 my dad passed of but not before giving us clear instructions about his wealth and properties both acquired and ancestral. after our fathers death we used to return to our ancestral house in vacations but in this period our occupying uncle would continue to lay claim on the ancestral property. this erupted into a civil court case were the dispute was discussed however the respondents never appeared before court and at a later stage even us the plaintiffs stopped appearing in court due to many reasons. it was however in 2012 the Judge passed a judgement to discard the case in the absence of the plaintiffs. Though the case in the computer still shows dates being given and as status of case being shown as F.O.
COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND ADVISE WHAT DOES F.O. MEAN AND WHAT SHOULD I DO FURTHER ON.

Learning

1 Replies

Sanghamitra Suryawanshi   21 February 2021

add covered content

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register