New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailendra (abc)     22 September 2011

Ancestral land partition

Hi everyone

My father and my uncle own ancestral land in village. My father is not keeping well and he cannot go to village for land partition.

Is there any legal procedure which can help me with partition of village land.

Please provide complete details like

i) Documentation required

ii) expenses attached

iii) Expected time involved in complete process

Please guide me through this

Thanks in advance for your support


 4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     22 September 2011

1. All revenue record of the joint land which include Jamabandi & mutation


2. Expenses are negoiable as major part of expenses remain fee of counsel which cannot be anicipated.


3. If partition takes place with mutual consent then hardly 3 months are sufficient otherwise it may take 2-3 years.



1 Like

kumar t v s (advocate)     22 September 2011

Sri Shailender,

You can get the pertition registered before the Sub Registrar Office at your village.

If your father cannot travel than on special grounds you may get the registration in the SRO near your  place if your father lives in the same state in which your lands are located.

The partition deed can also be registered through a GPA representing your father.

Stamp duties depend according to your state govt. notified rates. The stamp duty and registration charges may not be much as the individual rights over the property are already vested in the parties.

Time required is one day at the sub registrar office.

1 Like

Advocate M.Bhadra   22 September 2011

 with reference to your query please note the following :1) necessary documents are  copy of ROR(record of right) form the Revnue Department, title deed  etc.   2) expenses may varied  depends on the case and time of disposal.  3) time taken one month if amicably settle the matter.,failing which if you required to file a partition suit it takes time to dispose off minimum three months.

1 Like

Advocate M.Bhadra   22 September 2011

with reference my early information the last lime should be read as minimum three years instead of" three months".

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads