Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY (NIL)     23 January 2015

Ancestor property

Respected Members,

Our grandfather had a piece of land in Bangalore and he had Four Daughter and a Son.During his last days he did a will of that property and made equal share to all the five and made a Registered will.

1.Before all this activity in the year 1980 he had given in writing on the stamp paper that this property is sold to my son by taking some debt from him,whether that document is valid now or  not valid.

2.Even though we have the Registered will copy, which states that my father is part of that property,but we have not yet got registered the property,since after the death of my grandfather even my father got demised (Died).

3.Now all my aunts(Father's sisters) are claiming that you don't have any right in that property.

4.What is the solution, we have that old agreement on the stamp paper and also the registered will which states my father also has the share in it (But my father is no more).

Please let me know how to go about for this.

Regards,

Vijay.

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 January 2015

the will that he had written last will be considered valid even though thats not a registered one.in that case the will written by ur grand father to all five  will be considered valid.u all will get 1/5th share as ur deceased fathers share.if ur aunts refuse to give u 1/5th share you can ask for probate of the will which proves the genuinity of the will and then follow that with a partition suit if they dont come to terms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register