LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH GUPTA   02 May 2022


Under which section of Hindu Law one can go for alteration of maintenance against maintenance ordered under sec 24


 1 Replies

Vrinda   02 May 2022

Hello sir,

Alteration of maintainance is stated in Section 25 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 states that the amount of maintenance which has to be given whether decided by the court decree or by the agreement will be changed only if there is materialistic change in the circumstances.

Apart from that, Section 127 of the Indian Penal Code also specifically deals with the alteration in allowance and talks about alteration which can be made by the Magistrate on the proof change in circumstances.

Hope this helped to solve your query!

Vrinda Malik

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register